Inovonics NOVIA 262
Dual mode stereo processor
The NOVIA 262 Dual-Mode Stereo Audio Processor is a halfrack digital audio processor for FM and Stereo Audio Production.
With a focus on ease of installation and use, the NOVIA 262 incorporates intuitive, menu-driven multilingual setup and an IP/browser interface compatible with any PC or mobile device. Multiple factory and user-defined processing presets streamline the configuration process. IP connectivity also provides local fault alarms and email, as well as support for SNMP operation. The NOVIA 262 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and enables remote IP audio monitoring.
The NOVIA 262 web interface will allow complete configuration and control of the unit from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Gated and "windowed" AGC gain
- Unique, adjustable "syllabic leveling".
- 3 dynamic compression bands with selectable crossovers
- 4 sections of parametric EQ plus an effective 'Bass Punch' function.
- Independent adjustments of 'Density' and 'Smooth/Loud'.
- GPIO, Web/email/SNMP for controls and alarms
- Built-in real-time clock and headphone jack
- Analog, AES-digital, streaming in/out (no MPX)
- Selectable 20kHz broadband processing and FM specification
- A great 'utility' processor; ideal before STL/codecs
- Full-featured "responsive" web interface works on desktop and mobile devices
Frequency response (bypassed processing)
- Analog flat mode (I/O): 50Hz - 20kHz, ±0.25dB
- Flat mode (Digital I/O): 20Hz - 20kHz, ±0.05dB
- FM mode: 50Hz - 15kHz, ±0.25dB; 75μs/50μs
Distortion (bypassed processing)
- Analog I/O: <0.02% THD (Ref: +24dBu I/O)
- AES Digital I/O: <0.002% THD (ref: 0dBFS I/O)
Signal-to-noise (bypassed processing)
- Analog I/O: >105dB (Ref: +24dBu I/O)
- AES Digital I/O: 120dB (Ref: 0dBFS I/O)
- Analog I/O: >100dB, 20Hz - 20kHz
- AES Digital I/O: >140dB, 20Hz - 20kHz
Programming line inputs
- Analog: balanced active (XLR) accepts line levels from -15dBu to +15dBu; +24dBu clipping
- AES Digital: (XLR) accepts line levels between -30dBFS and 0dBFS at sample rates from 32kHz to 96kHz
- IP Streaming: accepts all Icecast/SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
Program line outputs
- Analog: Active balance (XLR) provides -12dBu to +18dBu for 100% modulation; +24dBu clipping, 200Ω source
- AES Digital: balanced (XLR) provides -30dBFS to 0dBFS with 100% modulation; selectable sample rates of 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
- Feature: Outputs can be set for flat response or preset in FM mode.
Program Signal Latency (delay)
- 1.5ms bypass, 3ms analog I/O, 3.5ms digital I/O (typical)
- TCP/IP (RJ45) network connection for remote setup/operation and audio streaming in/out; full support for SNMP control
- 3 GPI, 3 GPOs with assignable functions and logical polarity
Internal test tone generator
- 20Hz - 20kHz; variable frequency and level
Local closures (GPIO), browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for analog, digital and streaming audio loss; maintains daily, weekly, monthly records
Dayparting or "signature" processing (e.g. the talent's microphone) is simplified with a real-time clock on board and setup-preset programming.
- AGC: capture interval ±15dB; gated with dual-speed "window" operation
- Leveling: variable "syllabic" compression 2:1
- EQ: 4 parametric equalization sections
- Punch' Bass: variable bass boost
- Compression: 3 bands with selectable crossover, variable master controls and single band drive, plus r.m.s./peak "density" adjustment
- Final peak control: no-clip feed-forward broadband limitation with independent high-frequency protection for FM mode
- 12VDC to 280mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); switch mode in-line power supply included
- An optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics units in half rack in a standard 19-inch, 1U rack space
Dimensions and weight
- 1.6 "H x 8 "W x 6 "D; 5 pounds shipping weight remote