NOVIA AM audio processor: DSP 3-band Mono AM | Analogue, AES, Streaming In & Out | NRSC | Web interface
NOVIA 236 is specifically designed for medium wave monophonic AM transmission. It combines the functions of slow AGC, `` gain-riding'', `` syllabic consistency levelling'', 4 stages of parametric equalisation, 3 bands of dynamic range compression with variable crossovers, `` brick wall'' bandwidth limitation and a splash-free final peak controller that supports asymmetric carrier modulation. In addition to quick and easy front panel configuration, the IP interface allows streaming of 2-way programs, as well as full remote control of NOVIA 236 using any PC or mobile device.
Women's clothing size
With your arms relaxed at your sides, measure around the fullest part of your chest.
Measure around the narrowest part of your natural waist, generally around the belly button. To ensure a comfortable fit, keep one finger between the measuring tape and your body.
SNMP operation is supported. Program audio fault alarms activate local counting closures and immediately send SMS/email notifications to selected personnel. Alarms are also recorded for later analysis. Setup and operation are simplified with 10 predefined and 10 user-defined processing presets.
The NOVIA 236 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and allows remote IP audio monitoring.
The 236's web interface will allow complete configuration and control of the unit from a PC, tablet or smartphone.
- AGC with gate and "window"
- Exclusive adjustable "syllabic levelling".
- 3 dynamic compression bands with selectable crossovers
- 4 parametric equalisation sections plus an effective "Bass Punch" function
- Independent "Density" and "Smooth / High" settings
- GPIO, Web / email / SNMP for checks and alarms
- Real-time clock and integrated headphone jack
- Analogue, digital AES, streaming in / out
- Selectable US and international cutoff filters
- An excellent "utility" processor; ideal before STL / codec
- The "responsive" web interface with comprehensive functions works on desktops and mobile devices
Frequency response (bypassed processing)
50 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 0.25 dB
Output cut-off response
Rated frequencies: selectable from the menu 4kHz, 5kHz, 6kHz, 7kHz, 8kHz, 9kHz, 10kHz (US NRSC), 12kHz, 15kHz
Filter characteristics: FIR filter with 143 coefficients with phase and overshoot compensation; ± 0.5 dB, from 50 Hz to 0.95x nominal cut-off frequency; approx. -15dB at cutoff; > -50dB at ≥1.04x nominal.
US NRSC preemphasis curve selectable flat or "truncated" scaled to cut-off frequency
Distortion (bypassed processing)
- I / O analogue: <0.02% THD (ref: + 24dBu I / O)
- I / O digital AES: <0.002% THD (ref: 0dBFS I / O)
Signal-to-Noise (bypassed processing)
- I / O analogue: > 105dB (ref: + 24dBu I / O)
- I / O digital AES: > 120dB (ref: 0dBFS I / O)
Program line inputs
- Analogue: balanced active (XLR) accepts line levels from -15dBu to + 15dBu; + 24dBu clipping
- AES Digital: (XLR) accepts line levels between -30dBFS and 0dBFS at sampling rates from 32kHz to 96kHz.
- IP Streaming: accepts all Icecast / SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
Programme line exits
- Analogue: Active-Balance (XLR) provides -12dBu to + 15dBu for 100% symmetric modulation; + 24dBu clipping, 200Ω source
- Positive peak improvement
- Asymmetric and positive intrinsic peaks can be selectively limited in 1% increments from 100% to + 130%.
Program signal latency (delay)
About. 3.75 ms
TCP / IP (RJ45) network connection for configuration / remote operation and audio streaming in / out; full support for SNMP control
3 GPI, 3 GPO with assignable functions and logical polarity
Front panel (TRS) 3.5 mm
Internal test tone generator
20Hz-20kHz; variable frequency and level
Local closures (GPIO), browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for loss of analogue, digital and streaming audio; keeps daily, weekly and monthly records
The division into time slots is simplified with an integrated real-time clock and pre-selection programming.
- AGC: acquisition interval ± 15dB; gated with dual-rate "windowed" operation
- Leveling: variable 'syllabic' compression 2: 1
- EQ: parametric with 4 sections
- Bass "Punch": variable bass improvement
12 V DC at 240 mA (2.1 mm x 5.5 mm coaxial); switching in-line power supply included
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics semi-rack units in a standard 19" 1U rack space.
Dimensions and weight
1.6" H x 8" W x 6" D; 5 pounds shipping weight