Inovonics NOVIA 272 FM stereo processor
The NOVIA 272 FM Stereo Processor is a halfrack digital audio processor with Stereo-Gen and RDS for FM radio transmission.
With a focus on ease of installation and use, the NOVIA 272 incorporates intuitive, menu-driven multilingual configuration and an IP/browser interface compatible with any PC or mobile device. Multiple factory and user-defined processing presets simplify the configuration process. IP connectivity also provides local fault alarms and email, as well as support for SNMP operation.
The NOVIA 272 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and enables remote IP audio monitoring.
- 3 bands of dynamic compression with selectable crossover
- Integrated RDS/RBDS; compatible with all automations
- Built-in stereo generator
- Analog, AES-digital, input streaming; MPX/streaming output
- Accepts streaming input for STL from IP Encoder on SHOUTcast & ICEcast
- Full-featured "responsive" web interface works on desktop and mobile devices
- Gated and "windowed" gain-riding AGC.
- 4 sections of parametric EQ plus an effective 'Bass Punch' function.
- GPIO, Web/email/SNMP for controls and alarms
- Complies with North American and European standards
- 20Hz-15kHz, ±0.25dB (with adequate de-emphasis network)
Signal to noise
- Analog In: >82dB
- AES Digital In: >90dB (with appropriate de-emphasis network)
- 75μs or 50μs selectable from the menu
Programming line inputs
- Analog: balanced active (XLR) accepts line levels between -15dBu and +15dBu; +24dBu clipping
- AES Digital: (XLR) accepts line levels between 0dBFS and -30dBFS at sampling rates between 32kHz and 96kHz.
- IP Streaming: accepts Icecast/SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
- 75Ω (BNC); adjustable between 1V p-p and 6V p-p 6% - 12% stereo pilot injection; 3% - 8% RDS/RBDS subcarrier injection
Program Signal Latency (delay)
- TCP/IP (RJ45) network connection for remote setup/operation and audio streaming in/out; full support for SNMP control
- 3 GPI, 3 GPOs with assignable functions and logical polarity
Internal test tone generator
- 20Hz-20kHz; variable frequency and amplitude
Local closures (GPIO), browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for analog, digital and streaming audio loss; maintains daily, weekly, monthly records
- Dayparting is simplified with a real time clock on board and preselection programming.
- AGC: ±15dB acquisition interval; gated with dual speed "window" operation
- Leveling: variable "syllabic" compression 2:1
- EQ: 4 parametric equalization sections
- Punch' Bass: variable bass boost
- Compression: 3 bands with selectable crossover, variable master controls and single band drive, plus r.m.s./peak "density" adjustment
- Final peak control: no-clip feed-forward broadband limitation and independent FM pre-emphasis protection limitation
- Composite clipping: 0dB - 3dB clipping depth MPX adjustable (excluding stereo driver and RDS/ RBDS subcarrier)
Static and dynamic support for displaying the artist's title and song in the PS and RT fields
12VDC at 400mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); switchmode inline power supply included
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics units in half rack in a standard 19-inch, 1U rack space
Dimensions and weight
1.6 "H x 8 "W x 6 "D; 5 pounds shipping weight